December 30, 2016

To Our Grandchildren...With Love

You are not yet here.  In fact, our children (your parents) are still teenagers.  
I am thinking ahead to the day when you might read this.
Perhaps you never will.  But, if you do, these are some of the things
I would want to say to you if I could.

First and foremost, the Lord Jesus Christ is everything.
Eternity is what really matters.  Temporal things are temporary.
And, what you put your faith in here will affect your life forever.

Our prayer has always been that all those who are born into,
or marry into, or by any other means become a part of our family
until the day when the Lord returns would belong to Him.
It is our greatest desire.  Nothing else is more important.  Absolutely nothing.


L to R ~ Fraser, Howie, Camille, Emma, and Calvin (2016)

So, though I might tell you that manners count for something
(and they do), or that saving up and being wise with your money matters
(and it does), or to wait and be patient will pay off in the long run
(and it likely will), and to work hard and be faithful in the small things
is important (and it is), I am going to leave you with a few verses to ponder.

Because at the end of it all,  God's Word will remain.  
It is unchangeable and true.  It is infallible and inerrant.
It is lasting and eternal.  It is the foundation upon which we stand.

The Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ is found throughout Scripture,
however, it is spelled out very clearly in the following verses.
Each one of us is sinful and separated from God by our sin.  
We cannot bridge the chasm between us and God.  We need a Saviour.  

The Lord Jesus came to earth, fully God and fully man,
to live perfectly so He could die to pay the penalty due for the sin of His people.
He absorbed all the wrath of God for that sin on the cross, 
rose victorious over death and sin and Satan, and is now seated at the right hand 
of the Throne of God making intercession for all those who belong to Him.

Those who come to Him in faith and repentance will live eternally
with Him, and those who don't will be cast away forever.
It is not popular to proclaim these things in this day and age,
however, it must be said.  Look to Him and live!



"...all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."  Romans 3:23

"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one."  Romans 3:10

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal
life through Jesus Christ our Lord."  Romans 6:23

"But God commendeth His love toward us, in that,
while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."  Romans 5:8

"For by grace are ye saved through faith;
and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast."  Ephesians 2:8-9

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life;
no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."  John 14:6

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden,
and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me;
for I am meek and lowly in heart; and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."  Matthew 11:28-30

"All that the Father giveth me shall come to me;
 and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out."  John 6:37

"But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become
the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name."  John 1:12

"Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth;
for I am God, and there is none else."  Isaiah 45:22

"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? 
or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?"  Matthew 16:26

"For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."
Philippians 1:21



On Austin's grave marker we have the words "...with Christ which is far better"
from Philippians 1:23 etched into the granite.  We believe that phrase
with all of our hearts.  One day, we hope the same words will be etched onto ours.
Until that day, however, we are called to live here.


Our Austin (2011)

So we carry on with an eye on the eternal.
We go forward step by step seeking to keep
our hearts fixed on those things that will last forever.


L to R ~ Fraser, Emma, and Calvin (2016)

We are about to launch into another year, and as we do, we say farewell to the current one.
I am sure it will be this way until the Lord returns.  Seasons change, years come and go, 
and time marches on.  It is a lovely thing to reflect on all that the Lord has done
and look forward to all that He will do.

What a precious thing it is to rest our hearts there.

When we are the Lord's, we have nothing to fear and everything to hope.
This life is not all there is.  Eternal things are what truly matter.
In light of that, we are seeking to follow our Saviour wherever He may lead 
and to trust Him with our future.  To trust Him with all who come after us.

He is the One Who holds everything in His hands.

We are His slaves.  We live and we die for Him.
There truly is nothing else.  From first to last, it's all about Him.
What a freeing and liberating thing to ponder.
However, it is a sobering thought as well.

It ought to make a difference in how we live.

So, as we embark on another new year, I reflect and I rejoice.
In all that has been and all that will be.  All because of Him.
And, because we know that our Saviour is in control of it all,
we can confidently face the future.  By His grace and for His glory.

With So Much Love,
Your Nana (Camille) 
xoxo

**Ocean image courtesy of Emma ~
Thank you my love XO

2 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I love this, Camille. I truly hope your grandchildren do read your blog someday. I'm truly going to miss you my friend in the blogging world, not that I'm in it much. I hope we will always be able to stay in touch other ways. I'm thankful to you and all the ways you have spoken into my life in ways you will never know. I enjoyed catching up on your blog. Looks like you had a great time in California and a beautiful Christmas. I love your idea of making a quilt out of Austin's clothing. How very special! I'm going to keep blogging but on a very limited basis with the idea of turning every year into a blogbook. I'm so thankful you told me about Blog2Print! I made blog books for each of our parents with our family vacations with them and they loved it! Made a perfect Christmas gift. Hope you and your beautiful family have a wonderful 2017! Love and Hugs, Jackie

Camille said...

Jackie ~ Thank you so much, sweet friend. You have always been such an encouragement to my heart. I do hope that you come to see us again....our door is always open! May the Lord richly bless you all in the coming years. Much Love to you, Camille xo